Dental Fillings in Oak Park, IL
Almost everyone will need to get at least one dental filling in their lifetime. Good oral hygiene habits will help protect your teeth from decay, but if you do get a cavity, it will likely require a dental filling.
Dental fillings require that the tooth decay be removed and then the area is filled with composite or other materials. Filling a tooth requires the following steps:
- Numbing the area to protect you from pain.
- Removing the decayed portion.
- Cleaning the tooth area.
- Filling the “cavity” with a dental filling material. Depending on the depth of decay this might require multiple layers.
- Each layer is “cured” with a special UV light that hardens the filling material.
- The area will be shaped, filed, and polished to match the look of your original tooth.
- A bite check will be done to ensure your teeth are comfortably aligned.
Dental fillings usually last for multiple years and will help preserve your natural teeth and smile. Immediately after receiving a dental filling, it is normal to experience slight pain or sensitivity, and this usually subsides.
Practicing good oral hygiene habits daily will help prevent the need for fillings. This not only decreases the risk of decay, but it also protects you from gum disease and other oral complications. You should always brush at least twice a day, floss daily, avoid sugary beverages and snacks, and eat a well-balanced diet.
If you experience tooth pain, make a dental appointment to have it checked. Cavities don’t go away without proper treatment and detecting cavities early on will protect your teeth from further decay and other potential health issues. If you need a dental filling in Oak Park, schedule an appointment with our team today.
Oak Park, IL Family and Cosmetic Dental Office. Call our friendly staff today.
1515 N Harlem Ave, Suite 200
Oak Park, IL 60302-1250
|Monday||7:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Tuesday||7:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Thursday||7:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Friday||7:00 am – 1:00 pm|